Service Dog: How to Train Service Dogs (A Step-by-step Training Program for an Obedient Psychiatric Service Dog) (Paperback)
The Service Dog Training Guide offers you an easy, step-by-step program for you and your dog to follow at home.
Bone up on everything from basic exercises to essential service dog tasks that will guide you and your dog on the best training path. You'll also find an overview of different types of service and support dogs, breeds, and equipment for training. The step-by-step instructions will help you teach your dog everything from retrieving items to reminding someone to take medication.
This book provides critical information, including:
- How to select the breed and type of dog best suited for your needs
- How to train a dog for specific tasks
- Housing laws that govern where you and your service dog may live
- The basics of insurance and wellness care for your dog.
- Which harness or collar is right for your training methods
- What is expected from a service animal when in public access areas
- The differences between training an adult dog or a puppy
- The difference in obtaining a shelter dog versus a pedigree
- And a lot more
This book will not leave you hanging when it is time to bring your well-mannered companion out to the town to apply everything you've learned and prepared for the access test. Finally, and arguably the most exciting part, is teaching your dog the tasks that will gain you that independence No matter your disability, there is something for everyone in here.